Tuesday, June 23, 2009


I caught myself thinking just for a moment this morning: wouldn't it be nice if the world was pulling together in stead of apart? Vestiges of the idealist I have methodically been burying under the sand pile of realism. Appealing, like a breath of fresh air after being in a box all day. Maybe a memory of some lost life time when it was so. Or a whiff of what will one day be, like the first whiff of fall -though still in the swelter of summer. Or just my minds mechanism for holding on to hope.

3 comments:

René Wing said...

a good mechanism... and the deeper truth, I think... maybe not always with our species, but with life itself.

I like the images you are posting.

Unknown said...

I think hope is often available in small ways & in personal relationships, & rarely available in the "big picture"-- that's why the personal is so important to me.

That's a great image leading off the post, by the way.

John J. Franks IV said...

The Photo is intriguing and striking as well.

Why can not Life be what we see? Does it have to have a "deeper" meaning?

What if this is as good as it gets?

IF curiosity killed the cat, then what does that say for our future?

Are we to sacrifice Our being, in the search of the "truth"?