Wednesday, September 15, 2010



If I wore a watch, which I don't, it would have to be a Micky Mouse watch because Micky Mouse is the best representation of the need for time keeping I can think of. If I have to watch the news, which I don't these days, it has to be Stewart or Colbert because the only sanity saving approach to what is going on is to laugh at the absurdity. I am actually very grateful for Stewart and Colbert. These days it is basically solitude, or conversation, or music. (oh and work - which is solitude). It's kind of remarkable, even to me, how much time I spend alone. For a week and three days I am working in a little five by seven bathroom in Roland Park Kansas. Tear it all apart, put it all back together. I have little interactions with clerks at Clone Despot, or Blows, and sometimes exchange a pleasantry with a window worker and McCholesterol's, but then it is back to my cell. Back to the space in my head, and my self talk, and my self responses to my self reflections.

1 comment:

John Franks IV said...

" I have to Pigeonhole you. So, I can judge you. "

Stephen Colbert....

If not for The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, News would just be mundane, violence, and ignorance.

If it bleeds it leads....

At least John and Stephen put it in the correct light....

Remember what Thomas Jefferson Said:

" The only real truths in the media/newspaper are the advertisements "