Sunday, August 9, 2015

In a few minutes John Stewart will do his last show. I can’t really come to grips with this. I can only watch and know that a great thing is ending. I know he has been obscene, and crude, and most inappropriate, and in all manner juvenile. I know. (But it was funny). He has also been the greatest satirist in America since Jonathan Swift. (oooh lofty literary reference). Yea, he was better. No one has consistently and hilariously nailed the BS (right in the heart) so wonderfully. Let’s face it. We live in an age of extreme buffoonery, ridiculous hypocrisy, absurd injustice and incomprehensible lunacy. Where will we be without someone with a megaphone calling it out? I will miss this show very much. Mostly because it allowed me to laugh at the absurdity.

No comments: